Tuesday, July 15, 2008

great find of the week- beautiful hankies


Here's a couple of finds I found at a recent sale, that just called my name AGAIN! I maybe it is just an excuse just to buy it now!!

This beautiful hankie was at an estate sale Friday, hand embroidered with an "S" on it. It had a couple of spots on it, but for 75 cents, who cares! Plus I had an idea for it that wouldn't be using the whole hankie. At the same sale I came across this small gold frame. Perfect!




It took me a while to get the hankie in the small frame centered and not all switched up. But I think the result it great! Looks great on my shelf in my living room.



Here's another framed hankie I found at a sale, looks great on my hutch, next to my sugar and creamer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice find-you always seem to find something just made for you!
Elsie

Joanne Kennedy said...

What a great deal! I love how you frame them. Such a clever idea.

Hugs,
Joanne

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi,
Great idea with the hankie in a small frame. I'm going to look at my stash of hankies and frame one..or..two...!! Just a little FYI
I have a hard time seeing/reading your blog.I think it's the black background...not sure as I AM NOT a computer person and maybe it's just my old eyes. Thanks for sharing that great idea. Warmly, Deb

Shannon said...

Ok, now that is just a great idea! I really probably would have never thought of framing that. So fun!

PS you do amazing work with the flowers!!

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

The S hankie is gorgeous! These look fabulous framed.
Nikki