Wednesday, August 8, 2012

the nursery


Here's a look at Annabelle's nursery. These were taken before she arrived! I had a list of projects I wanted to get done before she arrived. One of the larger, was redoing the window seat.

If you couldn't tell, the nursery theme is pink and green with elephants!
I made a cover for the long cushion and lots of pillow covers. I added the white sheer drapes with green ribbon as well. The room was already PINK when we moved in, so it worked out perfectly!



We got a comfy rocking chair with matching ottoman for our nursing sessions.
The bookcase ready to be filled up with books. My parents saved a big box of mine when I was little. Perfect to pass on to Annabelle.


The changing table nook. I hand painted the "A is for Annabelle" sign. That is now hung above the table.  The tissue poms I found on etsy. Found the wicker baskets at Michaels for 90% off! And you can't go wrong with a Vera Bradley diaper bag!




Just the start of her LARGE wardobe!!
(don't worry, everything was washed before Annabelle wore them)


I was lucky enough in my childhood bedroom to have a window seat my Dad and Grandpa made for me. I can see Annabelle reading and doing her homework here in the future!


We placed her crib in the center of the room. It really finishes the room perfectly! 

Hope you enjoyed a little tour of Annabelle's room! 
Have a great Wednesday!